Tuesday, November 24, 2009

A LITTLE FELLOW FOLLOWS ME

School break is here again. For a change, I thought I'd put up a post on how we should invest for our children...Enjoy this poem which was sent to me by a friend (author of the poem unknown). Take care and if you have kids or grandkids or a brood of nephews and nieces - enjoy them before they turn into teenagers!!! Have a nice day!

---------------------------------------------------------

A LITTLE FELLOW FOLLOWS ME

A careful man I ought to be,
A little fellow follows me.
I dare not go astray,
For fear he'll go the self-same way.

I cannot once escape his eyes,
Whatever he see me do, he tries.
Like me, he says, he's going to be,
The little chap who follows me.

He thinks that I am good and fine,
Believes in every word of mine.
The base in me he must not see,
That little fellow who follows me.

I must remember as I go,
Thru summers' sun and winters' snow.
I am building for the years to be,
In the little chap who follows me.

-Author Unknown-

2 comments:

johnnie Lim said...

Paula,

nice poem, I remember reading that sometime ago. children, just follow us by our action. so we have to be very careful of our action, in order not to be a stumbling block. on the other hand if we dsplay good christian value, they will turn out to be a good children,in time to come.

Unknown said...

Hi Johnnie

How true! We must display exemplary behavior or face the wrath of a lost generation next time.

Take care and thanks for sharing your wisdom.

God bless you and yours always.