Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I AM THANKFUL EVEN THOUGH...

Dear God, thank you for this sink of dirty dishes; we have plenty of food to eat.

Thank you for this pile of dirty, stinky laundry; we have plenty of nice clothes to wear.

And I would like to thank you, dear God, for those unmade beds; they were so warm and comfortable last night. I know that many have no bed.

My thanks to you, God, for this bathroom, complete with all the splattered mirrors, soggy, grimy towels and dirty lavatory; they are so convenient.

Thank you for this finger-smudged refrigerator that needs defrosting so badly; It has served us faithfully for many years. It is full of cold drinks and enough leftovers for two or three meals.

Thank you, God, for this oven that absolutely must be cleaned today. It has baked so many things over the years.

The whole family is grateful for that tall grass that needs mowing, the lawn that needs raking; we all enjoy the yard.

Thank you, God, even for that slamming screen door. My kids are healthy and able to run and play.

Dear God, the presence of all these chores awaiting me says You have richly blessed my family. I shall do them cheerfully and I shall do them gratefully.

- Author Unknown -

6 comments:

mamasita said...

Good morning Paula,
the author gave us a new perspective on how to not feel so bogged and tired with endless housework.
Some people have fantastic positive minds..really admirable and refreshing.

Unknown said...

Good morning, Datin Mamasita.

You are early today, my friend :-).

Yes, this is a beautiful piece. Sometimes, when grumbling, one can lose perspective of what one has but with a positive mind, life is beeautiful...

Take care and may your days and nights be filled with love and happiness always.

Tiger said...

Thank YOU for this post!
It's a good reminder to be thankful for what we HAVE, rather than what we WANT to have.

Unknown said...

Dear Tiger,

You are most welcome...I wish more leaders would also think the same way...and remember what the rakyat have, and don't have ...rather than what they themselves WANT...

Have a good day.

Cat-from-Sydney said...

We thank God we got to know you...mwah mwah...XOXO

Angelina & Brad

Unknown said...

Awwww that is so sweet if you both...Angelina and Brad :-).

Thanks, dearies....I am thankful that you have both shown me a different side of cats :-)...

Take care and keep in touch!

Cheers!