Tuesday, August 4, 2009

THE GREATEST GENERAL

Let tell you about a man who died and met Saint Peter at the pearly gates. Realizing Saint Peter was a wise and knowledgeable person, he said, "Saint Peter, I have been interested in military history for many years. Tell me who was the greatest general of all times?"

Saint Peter quickly responded, "Oh, that's a simple question. It is that man right over there," as he pointed nearby.

The man said, "You must be mistaken, Saint Peter. I knew that man on earth. He was just a common laborer."

"That's right, my friend," replied Saint Peter. "But he would have been the greatest general of all time -- if he had been a general."

You were created with natural abilities and an internal compass that guides you toward a particular focus for your life. That's only the starting point; the next step is yours. You have an obligation to expand that potential to its ultimate destiny.

Michelangelo said, "It is only well with me when I have a chisel in my hand."

Discover what you are supposed to do and do it!


by: Neil Eskelin

No comments: